Thursday, January 5, 2012

The Fraternity House and The Husband

My husband belongs to a fraternity who owns a house. The house, in it's new glory, was now a newly built six story house. The sixth floor was used as a food/dining hall with restaurants and snack shops. The fifth floor was the president of the chapter's floor. The entire floor was dedicated to him. The fourth floor was set up in a barrack style living arrangement with bunk beds spread throughout the floor. The floors were beautifully done wooden floors. There were closets scattered about in the walls and there was a communal bathroom at the other side of the barrack style living space. The floor was an open room with beautiful windows that were very long in length. The third and second floors were the brother's rooms, for those who had more money. These were set up like dorms. The first floor contained the entertainment area, living room area, and maybe even a kitchen. However, I was on the fourth floor checking out the new communal arrangements when I noticed the windows were open. The pledges were leaning out of the windows smoking. This upset me greatly because it was a brand new house and I wanted them to take care of it. I immediately yelled at them to go outside in the smoker's area to smoke. One of the pledges, a tall, gangly looking guy with sandy blonde long hair and mustache comes up to me and puts his cigarette out in my arm. The pain was intense.

No comments:

Post a Comment