Thursday, January 5, 2012

Christmas and the Betrayal

I was at my dad's parent's house and my grandfather was still alive. We were celebrating Christmas and the tree was up. The tree was real and beautiful. Very full. We decorated the tree.

The other bit I remember happened before Christmas. I was at a concert but it was set up like a day camp. There were vending machines in this one room and I was sent there to get drinks for my friends. My friends were stretched out on towels on the grass, hippie style for the concert. I left my black Newport book bag with them while I went to gather drinks. I paid 2.75 for a Red Bull for my friend Ian. I don't know why that stands out in my mind, but it does. Then, I made my way through the crowd to my friends to give them their drinks. I stashed Ian's drink in my book bag because he was no where to be seen. Sometime later, we go to leave. I somehow left my book bag by where we were sitting. I start to panic. Everything I have is in that book bag. I see a security officer and explain what I've done. He gestures for me to get on his golf cart so that he can take me to the place we had been sitting. On the way there, I see Ian drinking his Red Bull. I ask him if he has my book bag and he shrugs. He says he just took the Red Bull out of it because that's where my friends said it was. I just felt betrayed.

No comments:

Post a Comment