Friday, July 13, 2012

Random Writing [unfinished]

My heart was pounding and my step was light. I didn't want him to hear me...I didn't want him to have an idea of where I was. I could hear myself breathing...I'm surprised he hadn't heard me. I held my breath and stayed behind the door...too scared to move. I heard him draw closer...I could smell his rancid scent as he entered the room. I could see the gleam of the knife and he held it in his grimy hands...looking into the shadows for me...he was the man my husband had hired to kill me...dispose of me so that his reputation wouldn't be soiled with a divorce. This was the man I was supposed to lose my life to so that my husband could get away with the insurance money. This was the man to dispose of me so that my husband could finally send the kids to boarding school, without ever having to worry about seeing them again...since his nagging wife wouldn't hear of it.

He was closer now. I held the gun in my shaky hands. I wasn't scared to use it...I had learned how to defend myself years ago when I first realized the man who I had married was a monster. He was having affairs and embarrassing me...what made it worse was the fact he was a government official...a senator at that. I had taken self defense classes because I knew how he felt about me. He wanted me gone. We had been separated for more than three years now, and he was tired of it. He wanted me gone but he didn't want me to get half of what he owned. He knew this was the only way out...and I had known his plan from the get go. That's why I bought a gun and learned how to do things for myself. If I was going to go down, I was going to go down trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment