Monday, February 13, 2012

The Stripper and The Mystery

I was someone else in my dream. Living her life.

I was a petite, red head for now, who was searching for my sister. My sister disappeared two years ago and I was determined to find her. My search resulted in a strip club, her last known whereabouts. I was going to gather any information I could, however I could. I put on a long, brown wig and my stilettos. I was determined that I could do this. As I walked in, the bouncer eyed me up and down. The music was loud and the place smelled of stale cigarettes and stale perfume. I asked the bouncer where the owner was. He pointed me towards this handsome, muscular guy in black. I approached him and smiled. He looked like one of the guys on the cover of a romance novel. I made my way to him and asked about work. He gave me an amused look.
"Have you ever stripped before?" He asked.
"You want proof, fine."
I spun on my heel and nodded to the DJ to play something hot. He picked a Prodigy song and I started swinging and swaying from the pole. The crowd was enthralled and the owner looked impressed. Good. That's what I wanted. People would tell me more information if they thought that I was one of them.
After I was done, and the ones were done raining down, the owner stood up and clapped. He asked to see me in the back office. I followed him to his office and sat down, crossing my long legs and resting them on his desk. He pretty much licked his lips and locked the door. I asked him about my sister and managed to get all of the information out of him, pretty easily, I might add. All I had to do was sleep with him, and that was good for both him and myself. After we were done, I asked him when I could start work. He told me tomorrow, so I said I would be back then. I got back into my car and left.
I parked behind a gas station, and took the wig and heels off. I grabbed the bag in the back of my car, put on a short bobbed black wig, and put the transmission in neutral. I pushed the car towards the ravine and got into an old beat up blue Toyota corolla. I drove about 400 miles before I stopped. While watching TV that night, getting ready for bed, I saw a news report about "my accident." The stripper who lost everything, they were calling it. I was getting ready to turn off the TV when they said a second body was found. That body was identified as Melissa Romeo, my sister. All of the color drained from my face. I had found my sister ... but someone had murdered her. Well, time to do a 180 and return to that town as someone else. I was going to find her killer and kill them.

No comments:

Post a Comment