Tuesday, May 29, 2012

The Spaceship and the Budget Committee

I was on an abandoned space station. How did I get here? Where was the meeting? I had a crew of six - and we were all out searching this abandoned facility. We were told to meet here by the federation of the planets to go over some budget changes that would affect our missions.

I motioned to my crew to spread out. I went into this room and saw there was no one there. I was hesitant to turn on the lights, should that attract unwanted attention.

Before I could leave, I heard soft crying. I followed the sound and found a little girl. The girl was smallish in size and couldn't be more than eight. She was huddled in a corner of the small room, hidden behind some linens. I grabbed her hand and put one finger over my mouth to tell her to be quiet. There were monsters orbiting around this station and the last thing that we needed was to attract attention.

I crept down the hall, still holding the girl's hand. I found the hatch where our spaceship was docked. I was about to sneak the girl onto the ship when a monitor flickered. Then, a hologram popped up. It showed a space ship, shaped like a shark. The biggish shark shaped ship was surround by smaller, shark shaped ships. They were approaching rapidly. My crew must have set off a silent alarm. We were going to have to fight our way out of this. I would have to hide the girl somewhere else because the first target would be my ship.

I maneuvered the little girl into a closet nearest to the ship. There was no point in being quiet anymore. I tapped the communicator button on my shirt and spoke to the other crew members.

"Hold on guys, we've got company!"

Then, we heard an explosion on the lower levels of the station. I made sure that my gun was loaded and motioned to the others to double check their guns. Then, they sprung the fight on us. There were gun blasts, death cries, and blood everywhere. I managed to lose one crew member already.

"What do I do now?" I asked myself while still firing my gun.

Just then, one of my crew members Justin, came out of the ship on his motorcycle. He started riding in circles and blasting the enemy with the missiles on the side of his motorcycle (which turned out to be shark shaped aliens with water helmets that allowed them to walk on dry land).

This was our chance. I grabbed the little girl's hand and picked her up. I would hand her off to Justin so that he could get her to the ship. It all happened in slow motion. When I handed her off to Justin, while both of us had her in our arms, she was shot in the stomach twice by one of the enemies. Louise, part of my crew, saw this and shot the alien in the face, rupturing his helmet which made him suffocate.

The little girl started gurgling blood.

"No! No! NO! Stay with me! You hear me? STAY WITH ME!"

I shouted at the girl. I put her on the ground and I started CPR. Justin came up behind me and put his blood stained hands on my shoulders.

"She's gone. There's nothing you can do. Let's go."

I looked at the girl. She was turning a pale blue. Her eyes were open, staring at me, empty.

No comments:

Post a Comment