Sunday, May 13, 2012

Rival Gangs

I was not myself, I was someone else. I was following around a dignitary as a field reporter. This dignitary was from South America and was very important. He took us to see a top secret bridge that was being built in America in his honor. We passed by the bridge and strangely enough it was made of trees. I'm not saying it was a wooden bridge, it was made of actual trees. The pine trees were entwined together to make a bridge. This was the top secret bridge they were working on? It looked like something Keebler Elves made. The dignitary then took us to a building close by where the engineers were gathered together to plan the bridge. We were all told to grab an ID card and other badges before we could enter the hallway. Two of my friends and I hung back from the dignitary and his crowd. One of the other girls hung back with us. She had been spending time with the dignitary as a private call girl. She placed her ID in the trash and looked at us. "If you know what's best for you, you'll leave. Kendra's coming." Then, she was gone. A photographer passed us and told us that she had to run to the hospital, there had been an accident in her family. She gave me her really expensive camera and her card and said that she would retrieve her camera later and then left in quite a hurry. The dignitary called to us and told me to take his picture. He posed with two more of his girls and I snapped three pictures to be safe. I looked at my friends. I was starting to get scared. Kendra was renowned as a head of one of the worst gangs in the area. She was Hispanic in origin, about 140 pounds, 5'6", and she wore the worst wig. It was cut in a 50s style, dyed auburn, with pink highlights. She was dressed in a pink tube top with white hot pants. It was painful to look at. The girl to her right was younger, about seventeen, and stopped to look at me. She said, "You're holding that camera wrong and that's a crime. Let me show you how to properly hold it." And she proceeded to correct me. I thought they'd just walk by and leave me alone, but I was so, so wrong. Kendra stopped in front of me as well. Why didn't I just leave when that girl told me to? I should have listened. But no, I had to stay here because I wanted a damn promotion. Kendra looked at the dignitary. "You have some nerve showing your face around here, Juan. I thought that I told you to stay out of my fucking territory! Since you can't seem to follow simple directions, I think that I need to teach you a lesson." She started with the lesson. She pulled out a couple of guns and shot all of the girls the dignitary had around him. The younger girl, the seventeen year old who had corrected me earlier, came up to me and smiled. She whispered into my ear, "Because I think you weren't involved in anything that Juan did, we're going to show you and your friends mercy. Kendra will deal with you herself. Be strong and you'll earn her respect." Then, Kendra came over. She looked at me and then charged at me. There wasn't a gun for me - it was physical violence. I had not been trained to fight physically, so I just defended myself. I got a punch or two in and I even tore out some of her wig. I hated that damn wig and attacked her with everything I had. My friends weren't as lucky as I was. One of my friends didn't defend herself well enough so the girl she was fighting broke her neck and killed her. My second friend ended up being paralyzed from the waist down. I managed to only get away with a fractured wrist, broken elbow, and cuts and bruises. Kendra lost hair, had black eyes, and I broke her leg. After all of the fighting was done, Kendra pulled a gun and shot the dignitary in the head. Then, she looked at me while I huddled against the wall, dialing 911 on my cell phone in my pocket. "You've got guts, kid. I'll give you that. Stay away from the likes of these people or you may not get so lucky again."

No comments:

Post a Comment