Friday, July 13, 2012

Cop Drama - Traveling to the Future (unfinished)

I woke up late again. I turned and looked at the alarm clock. Was it really 6:30am? I groaned and pulled myself away from my warm bed.

"I have really got to stop hitting the snooze button." I muttered to myself.

I looked around for something to wear. My clothes were scattered all over my floor. I hadn't bothered to clean because I had been too busy at work. I was still have asleep, so I picked up a random pair of jeans off of the floor and put them on while grabbing a top from the pile of clothes on my vanity chair. I pulled on my jacket as I brushed my teeth and put my hair up in my usual pony tail. I quickly rushed out of the door and I prayed that I would catch the bus. I managed to get to the bus stop just in time and got on the bus. I found a seat, and I sat down and sighed. I vowed, like I did every morning, that I wouldn't hit the snooze alarm anymore.

I arrived at the station and the chief looked annoyed. When he's in that mood, you keep out of his way. I slipped past him without him noticing and sat at my desk. I had a mountain of cold cases that I was trying to solve. I looked up for a brief moment and made eye contact with the chief. Uh oh.

The chief came over to my desk.

"I need you to investigate something for me."

I was a bit stunned. I hadn't been in the field for a long time. The chief and I disagreed a lot so he stuck me at a desk for the rest of my life.

"What would you like me to investigate?" I asked.

I was really curious and a little intrigued.

"There's a woman who etches grave stones and owns a funeral home. My informant says that she stuffs the drugs inside of the coffin and then the dealers grab the stuff at the viewing of the body. The whole thing is sick. She should show the families some god damned respect!"

I agreed. That was pretty awful. So, I got in my patrol car and headed her way.

I got out of the car and saw her out front etching into a granite tombstone. I was her as she etched the stone. She was dressed uniquely with silver attire, which looked like a long t-shirt. She had silver boots that matched, they were almost hidden by the strange outfit. She had purple hair down her shoulders and rings on every finger.

She looked up at me and said, "Wow, the year 2000! Wait til I tell Reznik how I found a grave site this old that still exists!"

And she ran off. I didn't understand what she meant, it sounded crazy to me.

I crept up to the granite that she had been etching and what I saw almost made me faint.

Valerie Cummings
January 2, 1983 - June 26, 2000

My name! I couldn't believe it! I had died? It couldn't be possible! I remembered a car, my mother was driving. We were going down the road when a school bus pulled out in front of us. After that, it was darkness. I don't remember anything after that...just sleeping. Why was I here? What year was it? What was going on?

No comments:

Post a Comment